Iron County
Iron County
Iron County

 Bid Services
 Committees / Commissions
 County Board
 County Land For Sale
 Human Services
 Iron Mining Information
 Job Opportunities
 Land and Zoning Info
 Land and Zoning Ordinances
 Union Contracts

Department Detail:  Human Services

Department Human Services
Department Head Cally Kilger
Address 300 Taconite St
Suite 201
Hurley, Wisconsin  54534
Phone Number 715-561-3636
Fax Number 715-561-2128
Staff Human Services Staff
Office Hours Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm


          Iron County Human Services Department

          Suite 201

300 Taconite Street

Hurley, WI  54534


Office Hours:

Monday through Friday

8:00 am -- 4:00 pm


Telephone:  715-561-3636

Fax: 715-561-2128


Click here for a Google Map.


Iron County Human Services (ICHSD) operates under the direction of the Iron County Board of Supervisors.  ICHSD is responsible for most of the social service programs within the County.  Funding for the programs is provided by the State, Federal, and County governments.  ICHSD is proud to offer an integrated social services and behavioral health system in partnership with Dr. Randall Cullen – Psychiatrist, Northland Counseling, and Highline Corporation.  Please view our organization charts for our agency and partner staff, who provide services through the Human Services Department.    We trust that this website will help you understand what services we offer and how we may be of assistance to you.



Iron County residents will be safe in our community and the supportive environment will promote individual and family well being and stability.



·         To protect our most vulnerable adults and children

·         To preserve family unity and encourage personal responsibilities

·         To provide quality services that are accessible and responsive to our residents needs


Public Information



Child Protective Services:

·         Iron County Human Services:  715-561-3636  ext 0

·         After Hours or weekend:  Iron County Sheriff’s Department  911 or 715-561-3800


Adult Protective Services:

·         Iron County Human Services:  715-561-3636  ext 0

·         After Hours or weekend:  Iron County Sheriff’s Department  911 or 715-561-3800


Crisis Services Available:

·         Regional mental health crisis services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 866-317-9362.  The Crisis Center is staffed by mental health professionals trained in crisis intervention.




Economic Support Services:

·         Badger Care Plus

·         Medicaid (Elderly – Blind – Disabled)

·         Caretaker Supplement

·         FoodShare Wisconsin

·         Child Care

·         Foodshare Employment and Training  (FSET) Case management

·         Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)


ACCESS is a State website that provides eligibility support services for health and nutrition.  ACCESS is free, easy-to-use internet tool that can help you or someone you know to apply, check benefits, report changes or renew benefits.

Income Maintenance – Health Care, Food Share, Family Planning Waiver

As a result of the State of Wisconsin 2011-2013 Biennial Budget, accessing Income Maintenance programs have changed.  Effective January 1, 2012, Iron County Economic Support staff joined a group of counties called the Northern Income Maintenance Consortium.  This means that eligibility and benefit determination will be managed by a team of Income Maintenance workers.


All calls, questions, and changes will now be processed through the call/change center or through the Internet website.

The Northern Income Maintenance Consortium



All verification items should be sent to:

Centralized Document Processing Unit

PO Box 5234

Janesville, WI  535347-5234




Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer:  Iron County is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.

An individual can file a complaint of discrimination at the State or Federal level:

State Level:

To file a complaint of discrimination at the state level, contact:


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Affirmative Action / Civil Right Compliance

1 W. Wilson Street, Room 555

Madison, WI  53707-7850


Telephone:  608-266-9372 or 888-701-1251 (TTY)


Federal Level:

Department of Agriculture policy, this institution

To file a complaint of discrimination at the feral level, contact:


USDA, Director of Office of Adjudication

1400 Independence Avenue S.W.

Washington, DC 20250-9410


Telephone:  866-632-9992


Additional Information:

Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact the USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 or 800-845-6136 (Spanish).  The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.


Committee Of Jurisdiction Human Services Board Committee
Return to Previous  

Horizontal Line