Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* MECCA will be holding their annual Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe on January 28. Check the MECCA Website for more info.
* Iron County is requesting Proposals for two PLSS Remonumentation Projects. Bids are due by February 03 2017 at 4pm. Download this PDF for more information.
* Please Click HERE to fill out the Saxon Harbor Redevelopment Survey!
* Please Click HERE to enroll in the CodeRED Community Notification System. You can also click HERE to download the App.
* The City of Hurley is proposing to extend CTH D south to STH 77. Three Phases have been proposed, beginning in 2017. Further information my be obtained from Lynn Saeger, WisDOT Project Manager. For contact info, and a PDF of the Notice, click HERE.
*Click HERE to see Proposed Iron County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance.
*Click HERE to see Proposed Iron County Floodplain Ordinance
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.