Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* Iron County is holding an Electronics, Tires, and Appliances Collection on August 27th. Check the PDF for what is allowed and what the charges are. Posted 2016.08.22
* Highways WI-169 and WI-13 are detoured on US-2 / US-51 / WI-77 through Hurley.
Click here for a MAP.
* Partisan Primary Election Results at 10pm. The 2016 Partisan Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, August 09. Polls will be open from 7am to 8pm. All Mercer voters will vote at the Community Center (attached to the Library) rather than at the Town Hall. Posted 2016.07.25
* Saxon Habor is closed indefinitely due to the July 11 flooding.
* The City of Hurley is proposing to extend CTH D south to STH 77. Three Phases have been proposed, beginning in 2017. Further information my be obtained from Lynn Saeger, WisDOT Project Manager. For contact info, and a PDF of the Notice, click HERE.
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.