Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* Iron County has posted a Request for Proposals for a Remonumentation Project in the Town of Gurney.
* Iron County is looking for a Networking and Technical Support Specialist. Click HERE to go to the Job Opportunities page. Posted 2019.11.07
* The Children & Family Unit of Iron County Human Services has an opening for a Social Worker to provide ongoing services to children. Click HERE to go to the Job Opportunities page. Posted 2019.10.28
* The County Board updated the Iron County Employee Handbook in May 2019. Click HERE to download a copy. Posted 2019.10.24
* The Fall Timber Sales on the Iron County Forest have been set. You can get more info (maps and prospectus) from the Forestry and Parks Department website. Bids will be opened on October 10th.
* Iron County will be holding an Electronics, Tires, & Appliances Collection of August 24th. Two locations are available: the Hurley Recycling Site and the Mercer Town Garage. See the PDF for more information.