Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* The Iron County Sheriff's Department is accepting applications for a part-time Jailer/Dispatcher. Applications and position information can be obtained at the Sheriff's Department in the Iron County Courthouse. Applications will be accepted until 3pm on October 28. Posted 2016.10.11
* The Iron County Health Department is accepting applications for the position of Health Officer/Director of the Iron County Health Department. Click HERE for more information. Posted 2016.09.28
* The Iron County Health Department will be holding Influenza Immunization Clinics around the County in the next couple months. The shots are not free. Please contact the ICHD (715-561-2191) for more information. Click HERE for the list of dates and locations. Posted 2016.09.28
* Please Click HERE to fill out the Saxon Harbor Redevelopment Survey!
* Please Click HERE to enroll in the CodeRED Community Notification System. You can also click HERE to download the App.
* Highways WI-169 and WI-13 are detoured on US-2 / US-51 / WI-77 through Hurley.
Click here for a MAP.
* The City of Hurley is proposing to extend CTH D south to STH 77. Three Phases have been proposed, beginning in 2017. Further information my be obtained from Lynn Saeger, WisDOT Project Manager. For contact info, and a PDF of the Notice, click HERE.
*Click HERE to see Proposed Iron County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance.
*Click HERE to see Proposed Iron County Floodplain Ordinance
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.