Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* The Highway Department has implemented a $25 fee for any permit request during Weight Restrictions. Posted 2016.01.25
* Iron County Human Services & Associates is seeking a full-time ADRC/Aging Unit Manager. Click HERE for more information. Posted 2016.01.21
* The entire fifteen-member Iron County Board of Supervisors is up for election. Primary elections will be required within Districts in which three or more candidates file. Check the Elections Page to see the list of incumbents. Posted 2015.12.07
* The new 2015 Plat Book is available in the Register of Deeds Office. Info and a mail-in order form are available HERE. Posted 2015.10.30
* The Iron County Department of Human Services is now taking applications for the 2015-2016 Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program. Click HERE for a PDF with more info. Posted 2015.10.13
* Please go to the Land and Zoning Info page for information on the changes to the Iron County Land Use Ordinance (Under proposed ordinances). This includes changes to the Non-Metallic Mining Section, addition of the Outdoor Special Events Section and changes to the Sanitary Maintenance section. Posted 2016.02.05
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.