In the interest of the health and safety of our community and employees, public visitation in all Iron County buildings of non-essential services is suspended until further notice. Please use the telephone numbers or email addresses listed on the Departments page if you have questions. Thank you for understanding.
Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* The Iron County Health Dept is currently seeking applications for a full-time Public Health Nurse. For more information, check the Job Opportunities page or the Iron County Health Dept website. -- Posted 2020.09.22
* The Iron County GIS Office has created an online map showing COVID-19 potential contact locations reported by the Iron County Health Department. Check the Health Dept website for current information. -- Posted 2020.08.24
* The Partisan Primary Election Results are available on the Elections Page. -- Posted 2020.08.11
* The Iron County Health Department and Board of Health is issuing an emergency mask advisory starting July 17. See the Announcement for more information. Posted 2020.07.17
* The Iron County Treasurer reminds taxpayers that the second half of the 2019 property tax is due July 31. See the Announcement for more information. Posted 2020.07.17
* The Iron County Human Services Department will hold its annual Public Hearing on June 29. For more information, see the Announcement. Posted 2020.06.18
* The Iron County Human Services Department is accepting applications for a Children's Unit Social Worker. Please see the Job Opportunities page for more info. Posted 2020.06.05
* Iron County's Congressional District 7 Representative Election Results
* In the interest of the health and safety of our community and employees, public visitation in all Iron County buildings of non-essential services is suspended until further notice. Please use the telephone numbers or email addresses listed on the Departments page if you have questions. Thank you for understanding. Posted 2020.03.24
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.