Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* The Iron County Human Services Department is accepting applications for two positions: a Children's Unit Social Worker and a Float Social Worker. See the Human Services Department Job Opportunities page for more info. -- Posted 2021.05.07
* The Iron County Highway Department will be lifting Season Weight Limits on April 29 at 7am. -- Posted 2021.04.27
* The Iron County Comprehensive Land/Zoning Dept has posted the draft of the Title 7 Floodplain Ordinance. -- Posted 2021.04.12
* The Iron County Treasurer has posted the 2017 Unpaid Taxes notification. -- Posted 2021.04.12
* Election results can be found at http://elections.ironcountywi.org.
* The Iron County Treasurer has posted 2021's list of Unclaimed Funds. You will need a photo ID to claim any funds. -- Posted 2021.01.26
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.