Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* The Iron County Highway Department is currently recruiting for one-or-two Highway Patrolmen. Check the posting page for me information. Posted 2018.09.11
* The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) hereby gives notice to the public of its intent to reimburse eligible applicants for eligible repair and replacement costs for facilities damaged by severe storms and flooding during the period of June 15 to 19, 2018. Please download this PDF for more information. Posted 2018.08.23
* The Iron County Human Services Department is advertising for a Full-Time Social Worker / Information and Assistance Specialist. Please download the PDF of the Position Posting or the PDF of the Position Description for more information. Posted 2018.08.23
* IRON COUNTY PARTISIAN PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS
The Iron County Board of Canvass will canvass the August 14th election on August 20th, beginning at 9am, in the County Clerk's office at the County Courthouse.
* Local Wisconsin Law Enforcement Officials plan to beat Michigan LEOs in the Second Annual Battle of the Badges Charity Baseball Game. Posted 2018.07.31
* The Iron County Recycling will be holding a Tire, Electronics, Appliance, and Household Hazardous Waste Collection on Saturday August 25th. Sites will be the Hurley and Mercer recycling stations. Click HERE for the flyer. Posted 2018.07.03
* The Iron County ATV Trail System is completely open with one exception. Updated 2018.07.03
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.