Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* Road Restrictions are going into effect Monday, March 18, at 9am. Posted 2019.03.14
* The Iron County Human Services Department has posted several information bulletins for flooding preparedness... Warning PDF and Preparedness PDF. Posted 2019.03.14
* The Iron County Human Services Department is accepting applications for a Children's Unit Social Worker until March 8th. Please see the posting page for more information. Posted 2019.02.22
* The Iron County Treasurer has posted a list of Unclaimed Funds. If your name is on the list, you can claim the funds at the listed governmental agency. Claims can be made to the County Treasurer after July.
* The Iron County Sheriff's Department is accepting applications to fill vacancies and establish an eligibility list for full-time Road Patrol Deputies. Please download the PDF of the posting for more information. Posted 2019.01.25
* The Iron County Zoning Department has posted a draft of the County's CWD Moratorium. Please download the PDF for more info. Posted 2019.01.14
* The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) hereby gives notice to the public of its intent to reimburse eligible applicants for eligible repair and replacement costs for facilities damaged by severe storms and flooding during the period of June 15 to 19, 2018. Please download this PDF for more information. Posted 2018.08.23
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.
Printed Tuesday, March 26, 2019