Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* The Iron County Highway Department is looking for Limited Term Employees from May through October. Check the job opportunity page for more info. Posted 2019.04.16
* The Iron County Clerk has released a list of parcels the County will take on back taxes if they are not paid within three months. See the full PDF for more information. Posted 2019.04.09
* IRON COUNTY SPRING ELECTION RESULTS
* The Iron County Forestry and Parks Department has announced an Environmental Assessment for reconstructing the Saxon Harbor Campground. The EA can be viewed at the Forestry and Parks Department Office, or on their website. More info can be found on the attached PDF.
* Iron County is looking to put together a Committee to study the affect of CWD and other communicable diseases on whitetail deer and other Cervids in the County. If you are interested, download the application PDF.
* Road Restrictions are in effect since Monday, March 18, at 9am. Posted 2019.03.14
* The Iron County Human Services Department has posted several information bulletins for flooding preparedness... Warning PDF and Preparedness PDF. Posted 2019.03.14
* The Iron County Treasurer has posted a list of Unclaimed Funds. If your name is on the list, you can claim the funds at the listed governmental agency. Claims can be made to the County Treasurer after July.
* The Iron County Zoning Department has posted a draft of the County's CWD Moratorium. Please download the PDF for more info. Posted 2019.01.14
* The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) hereby gives notice to the public of its intent to reimburse eligible applicants for eligible repair and replacement costs for facilities damaged by severe storms and flooding during the period of June 15 to 19, 2018. Please download this PDF for more information. Posted 2018.08.23