Welcome to the Iron County Wisconsin Website.
Iron County is a place of incredible natural beauty. With 300 pristine lakes encompassing 34,000 acres of pure water, the only thing that could make it better is Lake Superior coastline. Good thing Iron County has that, too. Come and enjoy an amazing waterfall, or take a long walk on the beautiful sandy beaches of Saxon Harbor. Whether it is winter, spring, summer, or fall, you can enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities. Iron County has it all; fishing, hunting, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, mountain biking and much, much more. It is truly a place for everyone.
The main purpose of this website is to provide County Government information to you. Please feel free to navigate your way through the site, and contact us if you have further inquiry. If you are in the area you are welcome to visit the Iron County Courthouse. Our friendly staff is here to provide you with assistance. Thank you, and enjoy.
* Representative Beth Meyers will hold a budget listening session to gather information and discuss Governor Scott Walker’s proposed budget bill. The meeting will be held at the Iron County Courthouse on April 28th from 10-11:30am. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. Posted 2017.04.19
* The Iron County Comprehensive Land/Zoning Department has contracted with the Northwest Regional Planning Commission to develop an Iron County Rural Transit Development Plan. The NWRPC is conducting a survey about transit needs in Iron County. You can take the short survey ONLINE, or download a PDF and turn it into the Zoning Department office at the Courthouse. Questions about the survey should be directed to the NWRPC office at 715-635-2197. Posted 2017.04.13
* The new Iron County Web Map is up for testing. The Tax Portal has a "View Interactive Map" that will lead to it. Posted 2017.04.05
* The Iron County Recycling / Solid Waste Committee has posted an RFP for Recycling Services in the County for June 01 2017 through May 31 2020. An Addendum to the RFP has been posted. Updated 2017.04.13
* Weight Limits will be going into effect on all County Highways in Iron County on Ferbruary 21 at 7am.
* The list of UNCLAIMED FUNDS has been posted. People have six months to claim the funds from the listed government agency. After August 01 2017, claims should be filed with the County Treasurer. Posted 2017.01.27
* Please Click HERE to enroll in the CodeRED Community Notification System. You can also click HERE to download the App.
* The City of Hurley is proposing to extend CTH D south to STH 77. Three Phases have been proposed, beginning in 2017. Further information my be obtained from Lynn Saeger, WisDOT Project Manager. For contact info, and a PDF of the Notice, click HERE.
Please note: This website is not an official, legally-required posting. We try to provide as much information as we can, but anything posted here is merely a courtesy. If something is not posted here, it is not a violation of any open meeting or meeting publication laws.